Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lowes of Seabrook, NH

Lowes of Seabrook, NH has the most incredible customer service I have EVER encountered and with all the shopping I have had to do lately for both our bathroom and attic projects, I am really noticing how much the employees at Lowes stand out from and above the rest.

I will digress for a minute to rant about how badly I have been treated in some of the other retail locations I have frequented lately. What really gets me about these places is that I am quite sure they all work for a commission off of the sales the make and considering this, I have to wonder how they can keep their jobs. I have been shopping for tile lately; it's the part of these projects that I have really been looking forward to and it really burns me that these terrible sales people have taken the joy out of it for me. It is a miracle if I am even asked if I need help in these places and when I seek out a sales person, they couldn't be more indifferent and difficult. Now, maybe at 25, I don't look like I mean business(I think I actually look more like 16, so that could be part of the problem) - maybe they don't realize how much money I am about to spend in their establishment? Tile is one of the biggest parts of our "design" budget. Bottom line, I can't go more than 5 minutes in one of these tile stores without having the thought run through my mind: do you actually WANT to make this sale? Its amazing that some of these places are still in business.

The sales reps at Lowes, however, are completely the opposite. They are always friendly and helpful - they love seeing the baby and always ask about her when she isn't there. They want to know how our projects are coming and are always happy to advise us in their area of expertise when we are clueless on how to proceed. These people are certainly not making a commission of the sales and are likely being paid very little for their time and yet they couldn't make me feel more welcomed in their store and I am always treated as a customer should be treated there.

So, CEOs at Lowes, your employees in your Seabrook, NH location deserve a big raise and a Christmas bonus. Work ethic like that should really be rewarded!

1 comment:

Rob and Leigh said...

Hey Guys -- Rob from the 1790 house in Newburyport here -- if you haven't finished your tile search you should try Enos in Hampton NH -- Scott in particular is great...looks great!